The Office of Mental Health and Substance Abuse Services (OMHSAS) has established new regulations for Intensive Behavioral Health Services (IBHS) to replace Behavioral Health Rehabilitation Services (BHRS) for the delivery of child and adolescent services in the home, school, and community. Changes include increased requirements for staff training, supervision, and credentialing. These new regulations were built from needs identified by community stakeholders (including school district principals, provider agencies, and consumers) during targeted focused groups for improved access and quality of care for children, youth, and young adults.
As a result, OMHSAS is offering IBHS trainings:
Statewide Training Webinars
For more information about the webinars, and for the most up-to-date list of all regional forums, visit the HealthChoices IBHS web page here.
Annex & Preamble
The annex is the body of the regulations and contains the requirements to provide and bill for IBHS.
The preamble contains the overview of the regulations (to include purpose, background, accomplishments and benefits, etc.) as well as a the public comments which are in a question and answer format.
- Initial Provider Outreach Letter
- IBHS Service Description Review Checklist
- Licensing Application Instructions
- Application For Certificate Of Compliance
- Bulletin No. OMHSAS-16-03
- Enrollment Handout
- OMHSAS IBHS Contact List
- IBHS Approved Evidence Based Treatment (EBT) Programs
- IBHS Acronyms List
- PA Administrators
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- CBH IBHS FAQ
- Request for County Letter of Support for IBHS Template (.docx)
- Request for County Letter of Support for Waiver of IBHS Regulations Template (.docx)
- IBHS Operational Services Webinar
CBH will continue to provide updates about IBHS regulation changes. Please check frequently for the latest information.