The CBH Provider Manual describes the procedures developed by Community Behavioral Health under the HealthChoices initiative to ensure that all consumers of mental health and substance use services receive the most appropriate treatment in the least restrictive environment possible. CBH is committed to helping people live successfully in and with the community, and to that end, treatment should focus on principles of recovery, resilience, and self-determination.
All content in this section constitutes the Provider Manual, which means the guidelines therein are mandatory for CBH providers. The Manual should be used by providers to guide program operations and ensure quality standards are met; components of the Manual are used as oversight and monitoring tools by CBH.
Clinical Documentation Guides
Complaints and Grievances
Providers must be aware of and follow the Complaints and Grievances processes available to CBH members, which can be found here.
- Clinical Guidelines for the Pharmacologic Treatment of Attention Deficit and Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Clinical Guidelines for the Pharmacologic Treatment of Schizophrenia
- Clinical Guidelines for the Pharmacologic Treatment of Opioid Use Disorder (OUD)
- Clinical Guidelines for the Prescribing and Monitoring of Antipsychotic Medications for Youth
- Clinical Guidelines for the Prescribing and Monitoring of Benzodiazepines and Related Medications
- Supplement to the Manual for Review of Provider Personnel Files – 6-11-2018
- Manual for Review of Provider Personnel Files v.1.1 August 2014
- NPAU Provider Personnel Roster 2019
Neither the provider nor its staff, contractors, subcontractors, or vendors may be on any of the three Excluded Individuals and Entities lists:
- List of Excluded Individuals and Entities (LEIE)
- System for Award Management (SAM)(formerly Excluded Parties List System (EPLS))
- Department of Human Services’ Medicheck List